What is the disease?
The novel coronavirus (covid-19) strain of the coronavirus has been identified for the first time in a number of people with symptoms of pneumonia in Wuhan, Hubei province, China, where most cases are linked to the seafood and animal market.
How is the disease transmitted?
Other strains of coronavirus are usually transmitted from one infected person to another through contaminated spray (through coughing or sneezing) or contaminated hands
The novel coronavirus is transmitted by contact with contaminated surfaces
The incubation period of the disease is from one to 14 days (meaning the period of time from infection to the time of onset of symptoms)
The symptoms of the disease
* Difficulty breathing
· Pain in the throat
Treatment of novel coronavirus
Treatment for covid-19 is based on strengthening the immune system, treating symptoms and alleviating complications as there is still no specific treatment.
Is there a vaccine for the novel coronavirus?
Currently there is no vaccine for the virus.
When to wash hands
· After handling animals or animal waste
* When your hands get dirty
· After using the toilet
· After coughing or sneezing
· When caring for patients
· Before, during and after food preparation
· Before and after eating
The way of peace and greeting people when there are respiratory symptoms such as (coughing or sneezing):
* Avoid peace by hand and just say hello
* Lack of peace with the nose
* Avoid hugs or kissing others
If you plan to travel to areas affected by coronavirus
· Avoid contact with patients with respiratory symptoms
· Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time
* Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available and disinfect surfaces constantly
* Cover the mouth and nose with a napkin when coughing or sneezing
* Avoid animals (live or dead), animal markets, and products that come from animals (such as uncooked meat)
Note: you are advised not to travel to areas affected by the new coronavirus disease unless absolutely necessary.
Necessary procedures for arrivals of travel: to
If you have symptoms of a respiratory infection or are traveling to one of the countries affected by the virus, please adhere to this:
· Go to the nearest health care center immediately with the need to tell the doctor about your travel last and.
· Stay at home as instructed by your doctor and avoid contact with others.
· Take the correct information from the concerned official in the state.
Reliable sources of information
We advise the need to investigate the accuracy and follow the preventive measures issued by the Ministry of Health and health bodies in the UAE, and not to circulate rumors or any information not issued by the official concerned authorities.:
* Ministry of Health and Prevention 80011111
* Department of Health Abu Dhabi 8001717
* Dubai Health Authority 800342
Questions and misconceptions
Are antibiotics a cure for the novel coronavirus?
This information is incorrect as antibiotics are intended to fight bacteria and do not have any effectiveness against the virus in general.
Does flu vaccination protect against the new coronavirus?
This information is erroneous as the flu vaccination is specific only to the influenza virus and the covid-19 strain is different from it.
Does garlic protect against the novel coronavirus?
Garlic healthy food contains some antimicrobial properties, but there is no evidence that eating garlic protects the persons of the novel coronavirus.
Can I buy goods from the internet?
Yes, goods can be purchased from the internet, as there is no scientific evidence yet to prove the transmission of the new coronavirus disease (covid-19) through the goods.
Is the novel coronavirus transmitted from one person to another who passes near it?
The disease is not transmitted once passing near an infected person, direct contact must be carried out in close proximity to the infected person (less than 2 meters) and continuously or in contact until the infection is transmitted.
Is it safe to order meals from restaurants?
Yes, taking care to order well-cooked meals, eat them hot.
Why should we avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth before washing and disinfecting hands?
Hands touch many surfaces and can catch viruses. Contamination of hands may transmit the virus to the eyes or nose or mouth. The virus can enter the body through these ports and.
Why should we use the soles of the elbow when coughing or sneezing if the napkin is not available?
The spray from coughing and sneezing help spread viruses like cold, influenza, etc., it is better to use the inside of the elbow or the forearm in the absence of the home because there is no connection between them and touching the things that we use.
Messages for health care workers
* Your mental health is as important as your physical health
* It is normal to feel pressure, but know that you are not alone
* Feeling stressed does not mean that you cannot do your job or that you are weak
Be sure to take good care of yourself by:
· Adequate rest
· Healthy food
· Physical activity
· Stay in touch with family and friends
· Avoid smoking
It's normal to feel isolated as a result of being away from your family for fear of contagion, but you can:
· Stay connected with your loved ones through social media
* Use your co-workers as they face similar circumstances to yours
* Help your stressed colleagues get through this phase
* It is not a disadvantage to see a psychologist if you can not cope with the current situation
Avoid close contact with people, especially those with respiratory and other symptoms, and leave a sufficient distance between you and them of at least two meters
Keep hands clean all the time.
- Must maintain clean hands avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth hands clean and avoid touching surfaces only after the cleaned or sterilized
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available use hand sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol at least
Wearing face sleeves
Everyone must wear masks throughout their time with others are excluded from this decision:
- Children under 6 years
- People of determination with cognitive, sensory and developmental disabilities
- Suffering from severe respiratory diseases with the need for a medical report
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Everyone should maintain a healthy lifestyle at home, maintain a healthy diet, sleep well and exercise light
- Keep daily routine as much as possible
- Keep social contact with your loved ones via phone or video calls
- Children need more love and attention than adults in difficult times
- It is normal to feel sad, stressed or confused during a crisis talking to people you trust such as friends and family can help you and if you feel your condition is getting worse, talk to a specialist such as a psychologist or social worker